So, in case anyone is ever interested in the equipment I've got in my lab. I figured I would put it in a centralized place that I can point people to.
It's broken into two sections, The currently owned stuff, and the stuff I really want.
Everything in this list I currently own and use regularly.
- mid-2015 Mac Mini Running Manjaro Linux
- ClonerAlliance Flint 4KP for Microscope HDMI capture
- No mic or face / bench camera
Test / Inspection / Programming
- AmScope 7X-45X Simul-Focal Stereo Microscope
- Saleae Logic Pro 8, 8 Channel logic analyzer
- Rigol DS1054Z Digital Storage Oscilloscope
- TL866CS Minipro IC Programmer
- Bus Pirate v3.6A
- Identiv SCM SCL3711
- Black Magic Probe V2.1
- Sinometer VC9808 Digital Multimeter
- Unbranded USB UART/TTL Serial Adapter
- Unbranded Cheap Desoldering hand pump
Soldering / Assembly
- Hakko FX-888D Soldering Station
- Hakko FA400-04 Fume extractor
- Quick 861DW Hot-air rework station
- A set of random SMD tweezers off Amazon (get the Duratool D00834 and D00837 instead, more expensive but much better)
- Controleo3 equipped toaster oven for reflow. This is going to be replaced with custom firmware soon.
- HT-90X BGA Reballing Station
Various Hand Tools
- IGAN-170 Flush cutters
- Hakko CHP DP-25-N 2.5mm PCB Depaneling Tool
- Komelon PG85 8M Measuring Tape
- Fowler 52-030-008 Stainless Steel Inch/Metric Reading Dial Caliper, 8"
- Rhino 4200 Label Maker
Preferred Consumables (Tape, Solder, Flux, etc.)
- Kester Sn96.5/Ag3.0/Cu0.5 Wire Solder #331 w/ Water-wash flux
- AMTECH NC-560-LF Lead-Free No-Clean Solder Paste
- Multicore SN62RA10BAS86 Leaded Solder Paste
- Chemtronics CircuitWorks CW8100 Flux pens
- High Temperature Kapton or 3M Polyimide tape 1/2" and 2" widths
Heavily Used Software
This list is by no means comprehensive, I've forgotten to add things and won't unless reminded.
Here is an image of the current setup in case anyone was curious.
The following list is things I really want, but can't justify or afford, but really want, a girl can dream, alright?
Accessories For Things I already have
- SM20 x2 Barlow Lens
- SM15 x1.5 Barlow Lens
- SM03 x0.3 Barlow Lens
- HD408 4K HDMI C-Mount Microscope Camera
- Nikon Camera Adapter for Microscope
Test / Measurement
Small Expensive Things
These things cost multiples of thousands of dollars, and are not very heavy or big.
Big Expensive Things
These things cost multiples of thousands of dollars, and are very heavy and big.